Call for Applications
EDITOR or EDITORIAL SERVICE
FOR SPECIAL ONLINE EDITION OF BOOKWATCH 2020
Scope of Work:
• Conceptualize, write, and edit articles and contents for the special online edition of Bookwatch
• Solicit contents from other writers and resource persons for the special online edition of Bookwatch
• Ensure that all contents are submitted to NBDB on time
• Provide creative direction to the graphic and layout artist
• Coordinate closely with the other members of the publication team (contributors, web administrator, and NBDB)
• Directly report to the NBDB secretariat the progress and status of the publication from conceptualization to actual production/publication; and
• Ensure that publication process timeline is followed and that target release date of the issue is strictly met.
Professional Fee: Editor or editorial service for special online edition of Bookwatch, P55,500.00 (subject to applicable government tax)
Project Timeline: July to September 2020
Since March 16, 2020, the whole of Luzon including its associated islands was declared to be on an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) due to the threat of covid-19. This is effectively a total lockdown, restricting the movement of the population except for necessity, work, and health circumstances, in response to the growing pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the country. Additional lockdown restrictions mandated the temporary closure of non-essential shops and businesses. The ECQ came in after two days of the implementation of the community quarantine in Metro Manila.
This disrupted all major social and business routines in the whole country. This also gave way to alternative modes of interactions in time of the covid-19 quarantine.
As the government agency mandated to support the book development and publishing sector, the National Book Development Board (NBDB) sees the importance of gathering narratives and connecting it to the collective memory and cultural experiences of Filipinos in this extraordinary time. The NBDB encourages writers, authors, illustrators, and content creators to send us your observations, narratives, and experiences in our time in quarantine.
Those interested must submit their:
1) Letter of intent for this position,
2) Curriculum vitae,
3) Portfolio of work, and
4) Copy of PhilGEPS registration
JERRY G. TIZON
Executive Director III
National Book Development Board (NBDB)
3/F Regalado Hive Building
Regalado Avenue, Fairview Park Subdivision
Fairview, Quezon City 1118
Deadline of submission is 10 July 2020 (Friday), 2:00 pm. Successful candidates will be notified within five (5) working days after the deadline.