The National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY) encourage children’s book publishers and/or illustrators to send entries for the Bologna Children’s Book Fair Illustrators Exhibition.
The Illustrators Exhibition started in 1967, which is a showcase of the latest trends in illustration and talent spotting new artists. The Exhibition is an opportunity for Philippine publishers and artists to showcase their work in the international arena. Selected artworks will be published in the Illustrators Annual: a large catalogue for publishers and professionals from all over the world. After the Fair on April 1-4, 2019, the Exhibition travels for over two years during a long international tour in museums, art galleries and important libraries in Japan, China and in other different countries every year.
All illustrators selected for the Exhibition are also admitted to other initiatives of the fair.
First, the Bologna Children’s Book Fair – Fundación SM International Award for Illustration. The winner of this award will receive a prize of 15,000 dollars and will be offered to illustrate a children’s book to be published by Grupo SM, Spain. One year later the book will be presented during the Fair and a special exhibition organized to highlight the work of the artist.
Second, the ARS IN FABULA Grant Award, supported by ARS IN FABULA – Scuola di Illustrazione in collaboration with BolognaFiere, the winner will be able to attend free of charge the ARS IN FABULA – First level Master Degree Course in Illustration for publishing, working on a book project to be assigned by one of the Master course partner publishers.
From the artworks you will be sending, NBDB and PBBY will select the best 10 artworks to be sent to the Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
1. NBDB Certificate of Registration.
2. Five (5) original illustrations (fixed number), unpublished or published after 1st January 2017, in black and white or colour, produced using any technique (in case of mixed or digital techniques, please send the printouts). The illustrations must be based on the same theme and numbered from 1 to 5 in the desired order.
Maximum sizes of the artwork:
• Fiction 32 x 42 cm (or 42 x 32 cm)
• Non-Fiction 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm)
NOTE: Illustrators may enter only one category.
3. Artworks must be sent to the NBDB Office, Unit 2401 Prestige Tower Condominium, F. Ortigas, Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City on or before September 14, 2018.
You may download the 2019 Rules of Entry here.
For inquiries, please send us an email via email@example.com.