The National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY) will present the 6th National Children’s Book Awards in July 2020. The NCBA will give honor to the best books for children and young adults (0-19 years old) published during the years 2018 and 2019.
All publishers, authors, and illustrators are encouraged to submit their nominations. Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2020, 5:00 pm. Nominations mailed from outside Metro Manila will be accepted if post marked February 15, 2020.
A book is eligible if it complies with all of the following:
1. Published in the Philippines by an NBDB-registered publisher within 2018 and 2019;
2. Authored and/or illustrated by a Filipino citizen;
3. Written in Filipino or English; and
4. Released to the public in 2018 or 2019.
Steps in nomination:
1. Fill out the Nomination Form/s: Form 1A (for 3 or less entries/nominees); or Form 1B (for more than 3 entries/nominees).
2. Attach any proof of public release as stated in the general guidelines.
3. Copy of recent NBDB Certificate of Registration
4. Seven (7) copies of each book
5. Submit all requirements to:
The Executive Director
National Book Development Board
3rd Floor Regalado Hive, Regalado Avenue, Fairview Park Subdivision, Barangay Fairview, Quezon City
Subject: The 6th National Children’s Book Awards