Now on its 35th year, the National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Manila Critics Circle (MCC) will mount the National Book Awards 2016.
The NBDB is calling upon all NBDB-registered publishers to submit their nominations. Deadline for submission is May 6, 2016, Friday, 5:00 pm. Nominations mailed from outside Metro Manila will be accepted if post marked May 6, 2016.
A book is eligible if it complies with all of the following:
i. has an ISBN;
ii. published by an NBDB-registered publisher (valid until April 30, 2017); and
iii. published in 2015 (if in English or Filipino) or from 2013 to 2015 (if in Bisaya/Binisaya/Cebuano).
For complete information, the 2016 National Book Awards Nomination/Selection Criteria can be downloaded here.
Steps in nomination:
1. Accomplish a letter of nomination (see template here).
2. For publishers who are nominating more than three books, please accomplish Nomination Form B (download here) and e-mail to email@example.com (Subject Line: National Book Awards 2016- Nomination Form B)
3. As supporting document, attach evidence of agreement by the author to the nomination. This can be a conforme signed by the author* (see conforme template here) or a notarized warranty/affidavit by a responsible officer of the publishing house stating that permission from the author* whose work is nominated has been obtained (and affidavit here).
*For titles nominated for Anthology, replace “author” with “editor.”
*For titles nominated for Translation, replace “author” with “translator.”
4. Attach a copy of NBDB Certificate of Registration;
5. Provide eight (8) copies of each book;
6. Submit all requirements to:
The Executive Director
National Book Development Board
Unit 2401 Prestige Tower, F. Ortigas Jr. Road,
Ortigas Center, 1605 Pasig City
Subject: The National Book Awards 2016
For the succeeding years of NBA, the following are the regional languages to be featured:
2017 – Waray;
2018 – Maranao; and
2019 – Maguindanaon.
For further inquiries, please contact the NBDB Secretariat through Debbie or Ihna at telephone number (02) 929-3887 local 804 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.