The National Book Development Board (NBDB) and the Manila Critics Circle (MCC) are officially opening the 38th cycle of National Book Awards (NBA).
We are inviting all NBDB-registered publishers and self-published authors to submit their nominations for the best books published by Filipinos in 2018.
Deadline for submissions is 21 June 2019 (Friday) at 5:00 p.m. Nominations mailed from outside Metro Manila will be accepted if postmarked 21 June 2019.
A book is eligible if it complies with all of the following:
i. has an ISBN;
ii. published by an NBDB-registered publisher or self-published by an NBDB-registered author (valid until 31 January 2020); and
iii. published in 2018 (if in Filipino or English); published in 2016, 2017, or 2018 (if in Maguindanaon).
For complete information, please see the 38th NBA Nomination/Selection Criteria, which can be downloaded as Annex “A” here.
Steps in nomination:
1. Accomplish a letter of nomination (see template as Annex “B” here) and nomination form (as Annex “C”- download here) and email with a high-res version of the cover of each nominated book (png file) to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) with the subject title “Submission – The 38th National Book Awards (Name of Publisher)”;
2. Submit one (1) soft copy of the nomination form (excel file) and three (3) hard copies of the nomination form with the documents below.
3. As supporting document, attach one (1) copy of evidence of agreement by the author. This can be a conforme signed by the author* (see template as Annex “D” here) or a notarized warranty/affidavit by a responsible officer of the publishing house stating that permission from the author* whose work is nominated has been obtained (see affidavit as Annex “E” here).
*For titles nominated for the Anthology category, replace “author” with “editor.”
*For titles nominated for the Translation category, replace “author” with “translator.”
4. Attach a copy of NBDB Certificate of Registration;
5. Attach document/s proving the assignment of an ISBN to the publisher for the nominated book;
6. Provide seven (7) copies of each book;
7. Submit all requirements and hard copies to:
The Office of the Executive Director
c/o The Registration, Accreditation, and Incentives Division
National Book Development Board
4th Floor, Dorm-E Building
Department of Education Complex
Meralco Avenue, Pasig City 1605